Police name home fire death woman
16:25, Feb 19 2013
A 99-year-old woman who died after a fire in a care home has been named by police.
Margaret Samson - who was known as Meg - was a resident in Wellgreen Home in Stirling when she was involved in a fire on February 13.
Ms Samson suffered burns injuries after lighting a cigarette in the home's smoking room and died the following day.
Her death is not being treated as suspicious but an investigation has been launched into the circumstances.
Central Scotland Police said a joint investigation has begun into the incident between police, Stirling Council and the Health and Safety Executive.